‘Covid-19 – Social isolation: Useful Things to Consider’
- Look after yourself, your body, mind and spirit, paying attention to the power of prayer, gaining support and the value of a listening ear where necessary, and the importance of a healthy diet and exercise.
- Look after your mental health and well-being, with a focus on those things that will help you achieve this.
- Consider developing new interests or hobbies. They don’t have to be complicated. Sometimes ‘the simpler the better’.
- Beware of negativity bias that can so easily come our way, and try to focus on the helpful and the compassionate that comes through.
- Keep in mind that this phase of life (Covid-19 and social isolation) will end. Try to think about those things that you look forward to doing when it does.
- Think about how much we can all begin to contribute to a world we want to live in. We all need to recognise the part that each of us can play in creating and achieving change and positivity – and consider how we can do this individually and together.
- Count our blessings.
Maldon and District Community Voluntary Service have set up a phone number for enquiries around community support during the corona virus outbreak. This is for people needing support with tasks and for people who want to offer support. In addition to this number people can also use the Live Well Link Well central number. This number is manned by Provide CIC (Community Interest Company) and has the additional benefit of being able to connect people who have more complex needs to services through social prescribing.
Maldon based phone number 01621 851997
Essex single point of access number 0300 3039988
Maldon COVID-19 Action group https://www.facebook.com/groups/covid19maldon/
Essex Community Action https://www.facebook.com/essexcoronavirusaction
Essex County Council Information Page https://www.essex.gov.uk/news/coronavirus . This web site is extremely important and gives you an overview of matters affecting Essex.
Essex County Council Facebook Page – Corona Action Prevent, inform, assist
National Association of Local Councils Information Page – https://www.nalc.gov.uk/coronavirus
Silver Line (helpline for the elderly) – Free confidential helpline offering information, friendship and advice. 0800 4708090